Roger Irvin Skelton

Roger Irvin Skelton
Master of Time and Space

My Story

Originally from Long Island, New York, I moved to Nassau, Bahamas in 1957 when my father was transferred there with a subsidiary of U. S. Steel. Leaving NewYork during a blizzard, and being welcomed by blooming hibiscus upon landing in Nassau, I became enamoured with the islands. I often paint tropical scenes using Caribbean colours. I attended British parochial schools in Nassau for seven years before moving to Miami to complete my education. My early background was in photography, the rudiments of which I learned from my father. I decided to pursue a career in filmmaking. Prior to an automobile accident in February 1980, I was a serious tennis player, a University of Miami graduate, and an employee of EcoTherm Solar Systems, a company in which I had worked my way up to vice-president and part owner. In 1980, I sustained a traumatic brain injury after being hit by a drunk driver. On February 28, 1980, I was going home from a Builder’s Show and I never got home. I was hit by a drunk driver in a head-on collision. I was in a coma for 10 days in a semi-comatose state and hospitalized for two months. My injuries resulted in closed head injury. Closed head injury was a brain stem contusion on the right side of my brain, therefore, my motor skills on my left side were permanently affected. Although I went through traditional channels of rehabilitation, the bulk of my recovery was of my own design. Now, twenty-one years later, I am gaining recognition as a watercolor artist. To supplement my income, I am a certified substitute teacher for Sarasota County, teaching only art classes.

Monday, March 1, 2010

1st entry

just testing

3 comments:

  1. Roger, Your video is very nice. However the audio from the legal site implants itself and plays on top of your audio and ruins its peaceful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art! Kinda like Milford Zornes meets Steven King. (I think that's a compliment.) Candice reminds me of the nun who cracked my knuckles in 4th grade. I really like your nudes. You rock.

    Jim K. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXlAwW6cTNA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Roger...I sent your link to some other folks and they can't get all your art to come up. Did you take the portfolio and music off? How do I access it?

    Thanks,
    Jim Koeniger 504-2371

    ReplyDelete